Community Service Scholarship
The Kent Lions Foundation is proud to offer this scholarship opportunity to the students of our Kent Community. This scholarship will be rewarded on a combination of criteria including community involvement, academics, personal references, and a short essay.
Please download, fill out, and return this application. (2023 application available September 2022)
If using a mobile device, please use the official Adobe Acrobat Reader app.
- • Active participation in your community.
- · This could be Scouts, Church, After-School groups, non-profits, etc.
- • Attend a Kent School
- · Must Reside in the City of Kent or in an area serviced by the Kent School District.
- · Must be a current High School Junior or Senior.
- · Must be a legal resident of the United States of America.
- • Minimum GPA of 2.5
- • Personal recommendations detailing your community involvement.
- · Teacher, Pastor, Scout Leader, Non-Profit representative, etc.
- • Essay(300-500 words) detailing your educational goals and what this scholarship would mean to you.
If selected for an award:
- • Community Service Commitment to the Kent Lions Club.
- · Four (4) hours of time during the 2022 Kent Cornucopia Days Festival
- · Minimum four (4) hours spent with other Kent Lions Projects before April 2023.
- • 1 award of $2,000
- • 3 awards of $1,000
- • Applications must be received by midnight April 30th, 2022
- • Finalists will be selected and notified by May 31st, 2022
For questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (253)852-LION